Craig’s Warm Chicken Salad
This may not be the healthiest of salads but it’s very tasty.
- 1 Whole Chicken – skin on
- 1 Clove Garlic – squeezed
- 125 Grams Butter – softened
- 1 small bunch Sage – finely chopped (or other preferred herb)
- Salad Greens (approx half large salad bowl)
- 2 Tomatoes – chopped
- 1 Spanish Onion – thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado – cut into chunks
- 2 radishes – thinly sliced
- Small bunch chives – finely chopped
- Olive Oil – drizzle
- Lemon Juice (half lemon squeezed)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Rasher of bacon – crispy fried (optional)
- Soften butter and add squeezed garlic and chopped herbs. Mix until well combined.
- Butterfly chicken (cut through breast bone and flatten) and lay on a baking rack skin side upwards.
- Spread butter mixture over chicken and roast in a very hot over until skin is brown and crisp (approx ¾ to 1 hour). Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix salad greens, chopped tomatoes, sliced onion, radish slices, avocado chunks and lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Break chicken into bite size pieces and lay over salad. Drizzle with olive oil and mix through the salad – preferably by hand.
- Break bacon into small pieces and sprinkle on top (optional).
- Serve while chicken is still warm
- Leave the chicken sit on top of the salad leaves for a few minutes before mixing. This allows the heat to gently permeate through the salad mixture.
- Best served when freshly cooked.